Recess Time SWAP completed!

Every year Stitcher's Guild has a contest for a complete Sew With a Plan (SWAP) wardrobe.

I actually can't believe it - I have completed a SWAP!  I always sewalong for contests and for fun, but I often don't finish. Even when I do, I NEVER take photos.  I don't really enjoy taking photos nor do I enjoy being in them.

Miraculously, I did all of the above and I have a completed wardrobe of 11 garments, and that's not even including the ones that I decided not to include.

My design plan for the SWAP changed gears several times throughout the event, which runs from January through April. In the end I decided to go with the most practical work wardrobe for my job as an elementary school teacher.  It's difficult to dress professionally and appropriately while dealing with recess duty weather, too hot and too cold classrooms, arts and crafts and a multitude of other messy activities, sitting on the floor, climbing to post things on bulletin boards....the list goes on.

So, my wardrobe is composed of many layers, washable, comfortable (lots of stretchy lycra) and easy-to-sit-on-the-floor-with clothing items.

Below are some small pics of my clothing items. The key to this year's SWAP was fitting patterns to create TNT patterns that you can sew up at the drop of a hat.  It worked!  Over the next week or so I will record some of the pattern and sewing details here on my blog so that I can "remember" them later when I need my notes.
Jalie jeans and Jalie scarf top
McCalls 6171 leather jacket, Burda wrap blouse, Style Arc Elle pants
New Look6892  peasant top, Elle pants
twist cardigan copied from RTW
McCalls 6559 maxi dress
Jalie dress
leather jacket zipped: gotta love those princess seams
Vogue 8674 cape morphed with Burda 08-2009 cape sleeves
-back leather belt detail copied from RTW

Why is this picture sideways?  Several of my images are appearing sideways when I post them in various places, yet on my computer they are correct: is there a fix for this?  Anyone? 

Comments

  1. wow! I love your SWAP!!
    Great fit, great combinations and the overall range of garments is wonderful. From a maxi dress to a leather jacket, you really did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous SWAP and a leather jacket fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed that when I uploaded some photos to Flicker, even though they are correct on my computer Flicker had rotated them. It is easy to fix in Flicker but I can't say why it is happening. Not sure if this helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great SWAP! A lot of variety, and a lot of very useful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your SWAP! You've made a nice range of garments that I'm sure you'll get lots of use from. The leather jacket is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a collection of lovely garments. I especially love the maxi dress and the Jalie dress - the print and fit are wonderful. I have never EVER sewn with a plan, so I may join this challenge for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog, Shiny! I love your SWAP collection - great fabric / pattern choices to suit your figure and style and also great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The internet is playing tricks with me today - just ate my comment up :)

    I love you collection, Shiny!! Great choice of patterns/fabrics and right fit for your body type! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The internet is playing tricks with me today - just ate my comment up :)

    I love you collection, Shiny!! Great choice of patterns/fabrics and right fit for your body type! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shiny, I loved your SWAP on SG!! Very beautiful color combos and great fit! Thanks for stopping by my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol!! I'm not trying to spam you... the internet is really playing tricks when I sign in with my wordpress id.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your happy thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha Hoodie with Ripstop by the Roll

Ruffle leather jacket complete!