Ruffle leather jacket complete!

My Mad Hatter

I did it!  I completed my ruffled leather jacket!  Though you can't see me I am jumping up and down at my computer.

I had my DD who is 6 yrs old snap some pics before the school bus came this morning...not professional quality but they will do.

The lining is so fun.  I got a lot of positive comments from the girls at work and they loved the lining. It is Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatter themed.  These leather ruffles nearly did send me completely "mad", and the leather ruffles certainly add a bit of "wackiness" to offset any potential biker look.
I even added an inside pocket for messages/notes at work, with my Shiny Green Penny label affixed.

The lining is 100% cotton and the sleeve lining is black rayon to allow the jacket to slide off and on easily.


Here is the back view.  I really do love the fit of this jacket.  It is fitted and yet so comfortable to wear.

I even added a hanging chain so that I can hang up my jacket in my locker at work.
 
The leather neck facing I drafted myself because I think it makes the jacket look more polished on the inside, plus the leather seems to  make the collar more stable.

Overall, I love my jacket.  My DD does too, though she has a ways to go before she grows into it!
 I think that this has been my favourite sewing project ever.  It was a challenge, and I ended up with a very unique, yet wearable, finished product. Yay!

I did enter my jacket in the Pattern Review contest, and my review can be seen here.

Comments

  1. WOW! I LOVE the jacket, and the lining is such a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on this jacket. The ruffles look great, even though they drove you a little crazy. The lining is fun and I love the hanging chain. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your jacket! It fits you well and I like the details like ruffles, lining, and hanging chain. The neckline is perfect for your short hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsa fantastic job on the jacket!! Its so rare to find a leather jacket that fits and has such style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jacket is awesome. Seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your happy thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha Hoodie with Ripstop by the Roll

Recess Time SWAP completed!