Peasant-style top and Style Arc

New Look 6892 is a fast and simple peasant-style top to sew up.  I don't sew many wovens, but this is one that is comfortable to wear. The fabric is a sheer poly chiffon, surprisingly, from Fabricland.  I don't buy a lot of Fabricland fabrics, as I find it hard to find good quality and colours/prints that I like. Most of my purchases are made online.

The pants are Style Arc Elle, which is a great skinny pant pattern for stretch wovens and stable knits. The fabric is a really amazing black stretch that seems like a cross between a woven and a knit.  I purchased it a couple of years ago in Toronto on Queen Street in the garment district, and I now wish I had purchased a full bolt.  It is so easy to sew, washable, dryer-able, wrinkle free...great stuff.

I think this outfit is going to become a fave for me.  Fast to sew, easy to wear, and as comfy as PJ's. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great minds think alike...we both posted on the same pattern. Your version looks fab, I like the aqua and black colour combo. Surprisingly my fabric comes from Fabricland too.

    Christiana
    sewamusing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog, it's great to meet more sewists from Canada!

    The black fabric sounds fantastic, with those characteristics I wonder if it might be a regular/yearly production run. I love the top too, now that I've seen it on a real person I can see how it would be a great casual top for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful top! I love flared sleeves in a top. They catch me every time, and the print/colours of yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your happy thoughts...

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha Hoodie with Ripstop by the Roll

Recess Time SWAP completed!

Ruffle leather jacket complete!