Part 2: Inspired Wardrobe - Pants

 Part 2: Inspired Wardrobe with Pants (Chevron Print Stretch Cotton Sateen)


As I continue with my Inspired Wardrobe journey, with my inspiration coming Elliott Berman fabrics and from my summer reading of the book “The House of Gucci”, I decided that I needed pants next.


My Gucci link for this wardrobe item is the origin of the fabric I used: Italy.  I love that Elliott Berman fabrics are high-end, sustainable fabrics and are sourced from Europe.  Quality lasts.


Chevron Print Stretch Cotton Sateen

Color: white, sky blue, navy.

Fiber Content: 97% cotton, 3% lycra.

Width: 58"

I love the cool, airy feel of cotton sateen, and stretch fabrics are comfortable for wearing. I was originally going to make a pair of wide-legged paper bag waist pants, but decided to go for a sleeker look so that I don’t feel that I always need to tuck in my tops.


I pulled an old Jalie pattern from my stash, as I have always loved the fit of these pants.  Plus, they are super easy to sew with a zip opening but no waistband.



I used the wider leg version, View C, and changed the zipper insertion from the back seam to the front (I live in constant fear of back seam zippers blowing out. I prefer front or side).  My favourite tip for inserting a lapped zipper is to use a piece of scotch tape on the top to stitch along for even, perfect topstitching of the zipper.



I used a pair of RTW Anthropologie pants as my inspiration so I added belt loops and front pockets to mimic them. (The inspiration is a pair of Maeve The Colette pants -  if you are interested in doing an internet search for them - fun, patterned pants with a sleek top and wider leg).

The fabric has wonderful stretch, is cool and comfortable, and one of the best things is that from a distance it almost looks like a solid so is great for pairing with other prints.


I paired them with the first top that I made from the Tropical Print Viscose Knit.


LOVE!


I can’t wait to get going on my next wardrobe pieces from the collection.


Stay tuned.


Heather @ManitoulinThreads


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha Hoodie with Ripstop by the Roll

Recess Time SWAP completed!

Ruffle leather jacket complete!