Medallion Print Knit for the Win

 

Medallion Print Knit for the Win

While I love eye-catching and unique prints, sometimes my wardrobe calls for more subtle prints.  I’m an elementary school principal, and there are times when I have meetings and such that are more formal than the regular everyday happenings of a school of youngsters.


Enter, the Elliott Berman Textiles Medallion Print Viscose Knit, which comes to us from Italy.

This fabric has an amazing hand to it.  It is substantial enough that it doesn’t cling to every lump and bump, yet has a beautiful, flowy drape to it.


A lot of my wardrobe consists of navy blues and burgundy colors, especially my blazers and dress pants.  I decided to make a top that could be worn on its own, but also have a jacket popped over top for any meetings that may pop up.


I chose the Sinclair Patterns Danielle Relaxed Fit Batwing Top.   I can’t say enough good things about Sinclair Patterns.  I love that their patterns come in Petite, Regular and Tall sizing.  I am 5’7” and have long arms and a long torso, which means that for most patterns I have to make adjustments in those areas.  NOT with Sinclair, however.  I have sewn MANY of their patterns and never have to make adjustments with I sew the US Size 12 Tall.  I also love the fact that their PDF patterns come in PDF and A0 formats, while the newer ones even have projector files.  I sew with a projector and use either A0 and projector files. I hated taping pattern pages together so my projector has been an incredible addition to my sewing room.

Anyway, I chose the Danielle top because it is all business in the front, but a wee bit of a party in the back.

 


This viscose knit is very opaque and sews up like a dream. It takes pressing beautifully and doesn’t roll or slide all over the place - a real bonus on top of how beautiful the print is. I’m thrilled about how the project came out, and it will look great on the video screen tomorrow for virtual meetings at work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha Hoodie with Ripstop by the Roll

Recess Time SWAP completed!

Ruffle leather jacket complete!